Application Deadline: January 18, 2022
Location: Ottawa, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Welder within our Ottawa, ON Branch. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Please note – our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation.
- Complete pre-inspection equipment reports before each shift in order to ensure that all welding electrical cables are in proper working order.
- Ensure that all welding equipment is adequate to produce the required welds.
- Ensure all pressurized bottles are set up properly for each particular job.
- Perform all tasks safely and as directed
- Comply with all workplace policies including health and safety
- Participate in all company directed training
- Ability to operate welding machine including proper setup
- Perform all tasks in a professional respectful manner
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by management
Education and Skills Required:
- Completion of Grade 12 diploma and regulatory training as a welder. Experience welding Carbon Steel a strong asset.
- Must possess CSA W47.1-03 certified CWB welding ticket for the following processes – SMAW; mode Manual, FCAW / MCAW; mode semi-automatic position minimum of flat, thickness range 3mm & above
- Previous experience working with steel is a strong asset
- Must be capable of organizing and coordinating work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to read shop / architectural drawings
- Ability to operate the overhead / Gantry type cranes / forklift
- Excellent communication skills in the English language (written and oral)
- Able to excel in a team environment
- Dedication to quality, safety and continuous improvement is necessary
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.