Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
A.J. Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc. is a full line service center, which is strategically located throughout British Columbia with locations in Greater Vancouver, Nanaimo, Langley and Prince George.
A.J. Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc., is currently seeking an individual for the position of Warehouseperson in our Nanaimo, BC location. This is an hourly role which will support daily warehouse operations. Preference will be given to candidates with prior crane, side loader and forklift experience.
- Running overhead cranes
- Forklift operating
- Picking and packaging material according to customer specifications
- Operation of saw equipment and various other machinery types
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Performing daily preventative maintenance
- Ensuring quality customer service
- Other various labour duties as required.
Education and Skills Required:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Able to perform some heavy lifting
- Able to accommodate shift work
- Good knowledge of math and measurements
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven
- Highly safety-oriented, strong situational awareness
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Minimum one year experience in industrial warehouse environment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.