Application Deadline: February 26, 2021
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Truck Driver – Class 1 within our Grande Prairie, AB Branch.
- Perform duties in keeping with the Ministry of Transportation requirements
- Conduct thorough and effective inspections of vehicle and material on board
- Strap and secure materials to ensure materials are safely transported
- Operate the vehicle safely and in accordance with local jurisdiction
- Maintain records/logs as prescribed by the Ministry of Transportation and Company policy
- Operate company issued electronic and/or communication equipment professionally and respectfully
- Maintain a professional presentation and interaction with customers
- Complete work assignments in keeping with customer requirements and deadlines
- Liaise with Transportation/Shipping department to advise of any delays or questions of deliveries
- Perform all tasks safely and as directed by management
- Perform all tasks in a professional, respectful manner
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by management
- Participate in all company directed training
- Our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation.
Education and Skills Required:
- Drivers Abstract required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Clean, safe driving record
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Previous experience an asset
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.