Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Location: Edmonton (Nisku), AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Truck Driver/Warehouseperson within our Nisku, AB Branch. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Manager. Operate a Semi Tractor with 53’ trailer transporting oversized loads combined with warehouse duties.
- Ensure safe procedures are followed while performing job responsibilities
- Operate overhead cranes and forklift
- Pick and package material according to customer specifications
- Load and unload trucks
- Ensure quality customer service
- Conduct thorough and effective inspections of vehicle and material on board
- Comply with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety)
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and cleaning of trucks and trailers
- Perform duties in keeping with the Ministry of Transportation requirements
- Strap and secure materials to ensure materials are safely transported
- Operate the vehicle safely and in accordance with local jurisdiction
- Maintain records/logs as prescribed by the Ministry of Transportation and Company policy
- Operate company issued electronic and/or communication equipment professionally and respectfully
- Our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation
Education and Skills Required:
- Clean Class 1 with Air.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Able to work shift work
- Able to perform some heavy lifting
- Good knowledge of math and measurements
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated, results oriented
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.