Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
Location: Nisku, AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Shop Supervisor in our Nisku, AB location.
Russel Metals provides a compensation package that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Attractive Profit-Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Pension Plan
- Company Stock Purchase through payroll deduction
- Scholarship Program
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Supervising and training shop staff, both with and without the Plant Manager
- Perform Tool Box Meetings & taking ownership in all safety initiatives
- investigate & take part in Incident investigations
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives
- Ordering supplies and consumables for shop use
- eMaint and working with the Maintenance team
- Plan the optimal use of equipment, material and production based on internal/external customer requirements.
- Assist in planning workload for the shifts
- Assist in receiving and yard organization – along with shipping logistics
- Assist in communicating between office and shop for process improvements
- Perform daily inspections on processed orders
- Report on daily production targets, both planned and achieved.
- Manage employee compliance to company rules, operating procedures, and policies.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Education and Skills Required:
- Strong customer service focus: Ability to interface and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Effective communication skills and presentation skills.
- A strong technical background with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, time management & organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, particularly Excel). Understanding of Software Programming.
- Team player
- Self-motivated and able to take direction.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and understand the importance of producing quality work under strict deadlines.
Preference will be given to candidates that have:
- Steel experience
- Experience being in charge or other employees.
- Experience with unions and unionized settings.
- Ability to read customers’ metal processing drawings.
- Experience with Metalware/AS 400 System.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted