Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
Location: Ottawa, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a well-organized and customer service focused individual for the full-time position of Shipper within our Ottawa, ON location. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 10am to 7pm.
The Shipper is tasked with maintaining a high level of internal/external customer service and on time delivery as they as are responsible for the preparation of incoming and outgoing material shipments.
- Determine the most effective method of shipment by utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures and routes.
- Manage routing daily using RMI Trucks.
- Ensure all documents are prepared and organized prior to the truck departure.
- Maintain the integrity of the shipping and receiving schedules.
- Ensure all customer and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Immediate communication of all exceptions on customer on time delivery or otherwise to the appropriate salesperson.
- Receive and respond to customer shipping inquiries and complaints.
- Ensure all back orders are released and issued with appropriate material incoming documents.
- Liaise with delivery drivers as required.
- Point person for all sales requests with regards to order status, changes and/or deletions.
- Ensure day proof of delivery is attained.
- Ensure order status is maintained appropriately through to invoicing.
- Report on all late orders.
- Organize all documents as required for furtherance to other departments.
- File and maintain all records as required.
- Follow all Heath, Safety, Quality and Company policies and procedures.
- Monitor electronic driver logs and assist with any issues.
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum one (1) year relevant shipping experience.
- Customer service focus with effective communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent in English. French an asset.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.