Application Deadline: June 21, 2021
Location: Delta, BC
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
A.J. Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc. is a full line service center, which is strategically located throughout British Columbia with locations in Greater Vancouver, Nanaimo, Langley and Prince George.
We are currently hiring for the full-time position of Shipper/Receiver in our Vancouver, BC location. The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for preparing all incoming and outgoing material shipments and maintaining a high level of internal/external customer service and on time delivery. This is a salaried position.
- Determine the most effective method of shipment by utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, rates and routes
- Ensure all documents are prepared and organized prior to the truck arrival
- Maintain the integrity of the shipping and receiving schedules
- Ensure all Customer and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Immediate communication of all exceptions for Customer on time delivery or otherwise to the appropriate salesperson
- Ensure all orders are completely scanned and inventory is corrected on any order that has not automatically printed the bill of lading
- Ensure all back orders are released and issued with appropriate material incoming documents
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials as well as stationary supplies
- Coordinate the timely return of materials though the MRA process
- Coordinate all inter-branch material transfers
- Route all local freight requirements onto scheduled daily preloads
- Point person for all Sales requests with regards to order status, changes and/or deletions
- Organize all direct supplier to customer shipments and ensure next day proof of delivery is attained
- Invoice all shipped orders
- Ensure order status is maintained appropriately through to invoicing
- Report on all late orders and daily preload percentage
- Organize all documents as required for furtherance to other departments
- File and maintain all records as required
- Time stamp all inbound and outbound driver records
- Coordinate all inbound rail traffic
- Ensure inbound material documentation is completed prior to the truck arriving
- Follow all Heath, Safety, Quality and Company policies and procedures
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum 1-year shipping experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Metals industry product knowledge is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Metalware would be an asset
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.