Application Deadline: June 25, 2021
Location: Cambridge, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently hiring a Shift Supervisor at our Cambridge, ON Branch. This is a full-time, permanent job. This role works on rotating shifts.
The ideal candidate will have experience supervising employees in a unionized environment.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations
- Manage employee performance to ensure compliance with company standards and within the scope of the collective agreement
- Ensure all outbound and inbound trucks are loaded / unloaded in a timely and efficient fashion while maximizing productivity
- Ensure that materials are processed or picked (including packaged) in precisely the size and quantity that the customer expects
- Ensure inventory integrity is maintained
- Ensure equipment uptime, productivity and accuracy is maximized
- Ensure that we are the low-cost provider of products and services
- Ensure a clean, safe and well-organized working environment is maintained and all operations are in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, quality standards and company policy.
Education and Skills Required:
- Proven experience leading, supervising and directing employees
- General knowledge of all warehouse machine and equipment operations (e.g. overhead cranes, saws, clecos)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple priorities at once
- Effective oral / written communication skills
- Knowledge of Metalware (including bar coding), Employment Standards Act, applicable transportation legislation, ISO quality standards, company policies and inventory control procedures and reports
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.