Application Deadline: October 29, 2021
Location: Red Deer, AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
Alberta Industrial Metals, a division of Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Sales Manager in our Red Deer, AB location.
- Implement industry leading sales and marketing initiatives to support the branch business plan.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and manage goals, systems, business plans and operating budgets.
- Foster a focused, performance driven sales culture that strives to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure outstanding service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with customers.
- Liaise with Branch Manager and Purchasing Manager to ensure sufficient product is available to meet customer demand while meeting corporate inventory goals.
- Provide leadership, training and development for Inside and Outside Sales Representatives.
- Monitor, evaluate and respond to lost sales opportunities.
- Work with Operations and CAD departments to ensure profitability on metals processing orders.
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years sales management experience within the steel industry.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong analytical, time management, organizational and performance management skills.
- Post-secondary education in the field of Business Administration/Marketing or Metallurgy.
- Previous purchasing experience.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.