Application Deadline: December 6, 2021
Location: Cambridge, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Receiver within our Cambridge, ON Branch. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Please note – our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation.
- Schedule inbound truck loads by product type, weight, warehouse and outdoor locations
- Verify purchase orders against incoming material and releases
- Verify that material matches incoming paperwork, and ensure that any defects & deficiencies are noted
- Print and sort barcoded tags per material description, item codes, heat numbers, PO numbers, bills of lading etc.
- Co-ordinate unloading sequence and truck movement within warehouse and outdoor locations
- Tag steel products – on the ground or on loaded trailers, inside warehouse, or outdoor locations
- Scan, file and retrieve mill test reports manually and electronically, including the use of imaging system
- Perform cycle counts and stock checks
- Ensure accurate and timely information is provided to sales, purchasing, production, and Management teams.
Education and Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills with the ability work well with multiple teams
- Able to read and follow printed and verbal instructions
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Able to use computer terminal and related functions pertaining to the job, including barcoding system utilizing handheld scanners
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Metals industry product knowledge is preferable (general line and structural steel products)
- Knowledge of Metalware would be an asset.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.