Application Deadline: September 17, 2021
Location: Mississauga, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Purchasing Agent for our Cambridge Branch. This position will work out of our Ontario Regional Office (Financial Drive in Mississauga). This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Purchasing Manager, Long Products.
- Monitor inventory levels and enter or adjust purchase orders as required to meet minimum stock levels or inventory turn targets
- Prepare and send RFQ’s to vendors and evaluate to determine the best decision to suit the business requirements
- Regularly communicate with sales, credit and operations to ensure sufficient product is available to meet customer demand
- Identify slow moving or excess inventory items and establish plans for reduction
- Expedite orders to meet sales and regular stocking requirements
- Maintain delivery schedule and coordinate receiving with sales and/or operations
- Contact suppliers to resolve pricing, quality and delivery related issues
- Ensure outstanding service and competitive pricing is provided by developing positive vendor relationships.
Education and Skills Required:
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills in dealing with suppliers and internal customers
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, and to balance multiple priorities
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Prior purchasing or sales experience in the metals industry
- Post-secondary education in the field of Metallurgy, Marketing, or Business Administration.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.