Application Deadline: August 4, 2021
Location: Cambridge, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Production Planner (Scheduler) within our Cambridge, ON Branch. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Manager.
In this role, the incumbent will report to and work closely with the Plant Manager to:
- Effectively manage the production schedule from both the office and the plant;
- Ensure the plan in place is communicated and carried out;
- Create and maintain daily, weekly and long-term production schedules by analyzing the availability of raw materials, order volumes, labour availability and production capacity requirements;
- Assist in resolving production capacity bottlenecks and constraints, and suggest continuous improvement ideas to increase efficiency;
- Assist in determining alternative actions to maintain on-time shipment schedules;
- Collaboration with Production, Sales and Shipping to ensure customer service requirements are met;
- Liaison with production operators and material handlers;
- Maintain standard stock item inventory;
- Utilize off-cuts and damaged material for processing opportunities;
- Assist with the development, implementation and management of key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Display a sense of ownership and responsibility and exhibit a customer service mentality toward supporting customers.
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in production scheduling or planning (preferred);
- Previous experience with ERP and MRP systems; Metalware;
- Highly proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Detail oriented and able to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.