Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Processing Inside Sales Representative in our Grande Prairie, AB location.
- Enter/facilitate processing orders ensuring accuracy and tolerance meets the customers’ expectations.
- Work closely with our CAD/Operations department to ensure accurate order entry.
- Help grow and maintain relationships primarily with processing accounts.
- Help grow and maintain revenue/profit in accordance with the business plan.
- Help identify and maximize all sales/market opportunities.
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing a trusting rapport with all customers.
- Help monitor, evaluate, and make suggestions with respect to lost business / and sales opportunities to continually improve on our results.
- Help ensure processing sales productivity and accuracy while continuing to strive to increase our overall gross margin.
- Help contribute to the commitment of accurate/on time shipments.
- Continually communicate with our purchasing department to ensure sufficient product availability / levels as well as stock outs and shortage.
- Help identify slow moving items and establish targets for reduction.
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum (2) Years Sales experience and/or customer service.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Steel knowledge/experience.
- Metal Processing equipment knowledge/experience (i.e.: Laser/Plasma/Shear/Rolls).
- Post-secondary education in marketing, Business Admin, Metallurgy or Engineering technology.
- Knowledge of CAD, blueprint, bill of material, blueprint and geometrical tolerances.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.