Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
Location: Cambridge, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Operations Coordinator in our Cambridge, ON location. This position is responsible for supporting and coordinating the timely operations within the administration, operations and shipping department.
- All duties related to everyday Administration processes/controls in line with Russel Metals policies and procedures
- Key role with Inventory Control, Cycle Counts and Physical Inventory Counts
- Working closely with outside facilities that process our material and accounting for it within our system for traceability and reconciliation
- IA Adjustments and write offs within the internal ERP system. Credit and debit notes to both customers and Mills
- Provide solid backup for the branch in RMI Trucks with daily load schedules and also North Runs
- Provide solid backup for the branch in Production Scheduling
- Provide solid backup for the LMS/BIS Training Platform
Education and Skills Required:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and experience working with an ERP System
- Accuracy and attention to details are extremely important
- Strong analytical, time management & organizational skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and build report with internal and external customers
- Post-secondary education in the field of business administration, accounting or finance
- Certification Training in Health & Safety
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.