Application Deadline: June 13, 2021
Location: Ottawa, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently hiring a Material Handler at our Ottawa Branch. This is a full-time, permanent job. Hours of work are 11 pm to 7 am.
- Complete pre-inspection equipment reports before each shift.
- Select correct material from entire warehouse in order to load trucks with prepared orders / help to assemble unprepared customer orders in order to load trucks and organize work orders to consistently meet scheduled delivery dates with the ability to use the forklift, strapping machine and skill saw.
- Feed production areas in the shop – both inside saws, shear & brake, burning machine table with the proper material when required.
- Receiving of material – complete appropriate paperwork as per Quality procedures – marking material with correct heat number, grade, tag number, colour coding, etc.
Education and Skills Required:
- May be required to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to operate the overhead crane / forklift in order to unload trucks / load trucks.
- Able to build pallets and package material as required for customer orders.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.