Application Deadline: January 29, 2021
Location: Home Based Position
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
The Russel Metals Corporate Health and Safety Department is currently seeking a creative administrator for our cloud-based learning management system (LMS) and preventative maintenance systems, Learning Management System Specialist. This position would be home-based.
- Maintaining, updating and creating new training course materials as required.
- Create posters and other visual aids for training content.
- Provide technical assistance, training, manage and monitor the Learning Management System.
- Provide technical assistance, training, manage and monitor the Preventive Maintenance System.
- Work with subject matter experts to document procedures for safety and quality management systems.
- Provide administrative support for both the Canadian and US Health and Safety Managers.
Education and Skills Required:
- Expert in MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Teams.
- Experience with graphical design software is required.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based learning management systems.
- Working knowledge of Articulate 360 software preferred.
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear user-friendly manner.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability.
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual English / French is a benefit.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.