Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
Location: Vancouver, BC
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative in our Vancouver, BC location.
- Contribute to a safe, positive and productive work environment.
- Grow the revenues and the profits in accordance to the business plan.
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities.
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with all customers.
- Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to lost sales opportunities to continually improve upon sales results.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of creative problem solving and continuous improvement.
Education and Skills Required:
- Strong analytical, time management & organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel (Windows Environment).
- Accuracy and attention to details are extremely important.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills in dealing with external and internal customers (both oral & written).
- Previous experience an asset but not required.
- Post-secondary education in the field of Marketing or Business Administration.
- Experience in the Metals Service Center Industry.
- Familiar with metal processing and fabrication in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Auto CAD, Sigma Nest, and metal processing drawings.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.