Application Deadline: December 3, 2021
Location: London, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative in our London, ON location.
- Grow the revenues and the profits in accordance to the business plan
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with key customers
- Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to lost sales opportunities to continually improve upon sales results
- Effective communication and negotiation skills in dealing with external and internal customers
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure sufficient product is available to meet customer demand
- Identify slow moving products to establish targets for reduction
- Ensure that sales productivity continually improves
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum (2) Years Sales experience and/or customer service.
- Steel knowledge/experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to read customers metal processing drawings
- Post-secondary education in the field Marketing, Business Administration or Metallurgy
- Prior sales experience within the steel industry
- Previous purchasing experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.