Application Deadline: December 3, 2021
Location: Boucherville, QC
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
How you will make a difference:
The Human Resources Recruiter will support and deliver on all facets of recruiting throughout the organization specifically focused on Quebec, Atlantic Canada and Eastern Ontario. This will be achieved through the development of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This role is critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent by developing and executing recruiting plans, networking through a variety of resources such as industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, schools and employees.
- Manage the recruiting process for branches which includes:
- Working with managers and HR Advisors on defining needs, recruiting strategy and job descriptions
- Identifying and posting positions internally and externally using social media and various job boards as appropriate for the role.
- Receive, screen and interview candidates based on business unit needs and help managers create a short list and make recommendations.
- Work with the managers throughout the process to keep candidates informed and manage the full applicant experience including declines etc.
- Work with the HR Advisor on the offer and hiring process and support applicable administration of each hire.
- Participate in the ongoing development of our recruiting and onboarding process.
- Ensure the end to end process of recruiting is a great experience for new hires and hiring managers alike.
- Support ongoing development of company recruiting strategies such as marketing, advertising, social media, creating new sourcing pools.
- Identify, make recommendations and work on methods to streamline processes related to recruiting and onboarding.
- Develop and provide various reports to identify and provide KPIs/metrics for the recruiting process.
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum (3) years of recruitment experience.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or another appropriate field preferred.
- Able to work in a result focused environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Good training, coaching, and active listening skills are essential
- Excellent in all MS Office (focus on Excel and PP)
- Outstanding interviewing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet departmental targets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to understand and harness social media networks
- Bilingual in French and English is required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.