Application Deadline: May 17, 2021
Location: Puslinch, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently hiring a General Laborer at our Puslinch, ON Branch. This is a full-time, permanent job. Rotating shift (Days and Afternoons), competitive hourly rate, benefits and overtime available.
- Grinding and removing slag from steel parts as per customer requirements.
- Quality Inspection of finished parts and documenting as required.
- Proficient in the use of computers to allow for barcoding and pre-start inspections.
- Maintain a professional presentation and interaction with co-workers and customers
- Complete work assignments in keeping with customer requirements and deadlines
- Perform all tasks safely and as directed by management
- Perform all tasks in a professional, respectful manner
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by management
- Participate in all company directed training.
Education and Skills Required:
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Effective time management skills.
- Previous experience in the steel industry is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of blueprints is preferred.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.