Application Deadline: January 18, 2022
Location: Delta, BC
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
A.J. Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc. is a full line service center, which is strategically located throughout British Columbia with locations in Greater Vancouver, Nanaimo, Langley and Prince George.
AJ Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc., is currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Draftsperson within our Delta, BC location. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Supervisor.
*Please note, our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo pre-employment testing.
- Assist the sales department in reviewing customer inquiries for quotation
- Work with machine operators to optimize productivity and quality
- Produce part and assembly drawings using AutoCAD and convert to CNC downloads
- Nest and sequence parts for plasma and oxyfuel using Sigma Nest
- Create drawings for press brake which include forming drawings and flat patterns
- Maintain drawings through the revision change process and drawing control system
- Handle electronic transfers of drawings and technical information
- Assist in preparing time and material estimates on projects and quotes
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Work under minimal supervision and understand the importance of producing quality work under strict deadlines
- Ensure safe procedures are followed while performing job responsibilities
- Comply with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety)
Education and Skills Required:
- 5+ years experience as a CAD Programmer in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years experience with Solidworks
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Familiar with metal processing and fabrication technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Programming experience with multi axis machines
- Understanding of metal cutting technology
- Familiar with press brake forming and flat layout development
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
Qualified candidates are encourage to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.