Application Deadline: June 28, 2021
Location: Prince George, BC
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
A.J. Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc. is a full line service center, which is strategically located throughout British Columbia with locations in Greater Vancouver, Nanaimo, Langley and Prince George.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results oriented individuals for the position of Customer Service Representative (Sales Department) to work in our Prince George, BC branch.
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with key customers and new accounts
- Daily administration of existing contracts/programs; process customer purchase orders and respond to all sale inquiries.
- Responds to customer inquiries promptly and follow up significant inquiries to secure profitable orders
- Effective problem-solving skills in dealing with new and pending issues
- Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to sales opportunities to continually improve upon sales results
- Interact with Purchasing, Operations and Customers to ensure contract / program is in accordance with customer requirements
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in dealing with external and internal customers
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities
Education and Skills Required:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Cordial, patient and positive customer service personality
- Good time management
- Attention to detail.
Preferable, but not required (we are willing to train the right candidate):
- Sales experience in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education in the field of Business / Sales
- Ability to read customers metal processing drawings.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.