Application Deadline: August 4, 2021
Location: Calgary, AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a motivated and results oriented individual for the position of CNC Operator/Helper, Warehouseperson within our Calgary, AB Branch.
- Assisting with operation of CNC Machines.
- Running overhead crane and forklift.
- Picking and packaging material according to customer specifications.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Performing daily preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring quality customer service.
- Able to perform some heavy lifting.
- Willing to work shifts.
- Our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation.
Education and Skills Required:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- CNC cutting experience. Torch/Laser, and/or Press Brake/Rolls.
- Shear and Saw cutting experience would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of math and measurements.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results oriented.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.