Application Deadline: September 17, 2021
Location: Edmonton (Nisku), AB
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of CAD PROGRAMMER/ESTIMATOR in our Edmonton PPC Nisku location.
- Produce parts and assembly drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Nest and sequence parts for flat laser and plasma systems as well as a structural drill line and a structural plasma coper
- Maintain drawings through the revision change process and drawing control system
- Assist in preparing time and material estimates on projects and quotes
- Focus on continuous improvement within a Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9001 environment
- Work under minimal supervision and understand the importance of producing quality work under strict deadlines
Education and Skills Required:
- Resumes with all levels of CAD Programming Experience will be considered.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Familiar with metal processing and fabrication technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with 3D modeling and nesting software
- Programming experience with multi axis machines
- Understanding of laser cutting technology
- Familiar with press brake forming and flat layout development
- Experience within a Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9001 environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.