Application Deadline: September 17, 2021
Location: Mississauga, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently hiring a Bilingual Technical Support Analyst (Level 2) in the I/T department of our Corporate Office located in Mississauga, ON. This is a permanent, full-time job. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
- Provide effective telephone technical support to all Russel Metals users by accurately identifying IT related problems and logging these support calls into our central HEAT® database
- Receiving, tracking, documenting, resolving and/or escalating all user identified software and hardware issues to ensure timely and accurate response and resolution
- Setup, deployment, and support for all Russel Metals Windows based PCs and peripherals
- Promote and follow Corporate Governance standards and policies
- Basic Network troubleshooting
- Provide backup for other team members.
Educational and Skills Required:
- Bilingual in French and English (oral and written) with strong communication skill
- Working hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm (some Stat holiday coverage will be needed)
- Post-Secondary diploma/degree/certification in a computer-related field
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office Suites
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Windows 7/10
- Strong analytical, time management, and organization skills
- Self-motivated and Customer Service driven
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Familiarity with O365 Administration.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.