Application Deadline: September 17, 2021
Location: Kingston, ON
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a customer service focused individual for the position of Administration Assistant within our Kingston, ON branch. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Providing efficient and timely administrative support to the branch.
- Additional administration requirements as needed (fully cross trained on all admin functions) including filing, inventory adjustments, billing, credit memos, material processing, cash application, receiving, payables, and reception. Bank deposits as required.
- Metalware invoicing, receiving and in tags (in transit).
- Completion of MRA’s as required.
- Scanning of MTR’s and BOL’s into IMS.
- Reviewing Payroll for hourly staff in warehouse, changes as required.
- Enter and update both inside and outside MP’s into Metalware
- Assist in processing payments for customers and arrange cheque pick up.
- Provide pleasant, effective and reliable direction of incoming calls to all departments.
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare incoming and outgoing courier mailbags.
- Assist in developing and implementing Health & Safety policies, procedures and programs.
- Support Branch in claims control management.
- Manage special projects that promote the return to work for injured employees.
- Identify and recommend Health & Safety training and development programs.
Education and Skills Required:
- Computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail with ability to accurately input data into computer system.
- Self-motivated, professional and courteous.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven results both independently and as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic with a high level of integrity.
- A basic understanding of manufacturing business cycle transactions.
- 1-2 years of previous office experience.
- Post-secondary education in the field of commerce.
- Prior accounting experience in accounts payable a strong asset.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors and visitors. Due to the safety sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.