Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers and suppliers primarily in Canada, the United States, and on occasion, worldwide. The company operates in three business segments: service centre distribution, energy sector pipe, tube, valve and fitting distribution and steel import/export distribution. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 15,000 end users through a network of over 100 North American branches.
We are currently seeking someone who is eager to learn, committed to having a safe and healthy workplace and to ensuring the delivery of quality products for the position of Warehouseperson in our Burlington, ON Branch. The Warehouseperson will assist and support plant personnel to efficiently process orders to customer specifications.
- Complete pre-inspection equipment reports before each shift
- Inspect and stamp packing slips of incoming material from both suppliers and inter-branch orders
- Ensure all inter-branch orders for furtherance are correct
- Pick and process material for shipment to customer as required
- Ensure safe procedures are followed while loading and unloading material on or off trucks
- Ensure all processing sheets are filled out, clearly, legible and handed in after each job is completed
- Perform all housekeeping responsibilities after each job is completed
- Ensure that all heat numbers are clearly identified if shipping product with more than one heat as per ISO policy
- Comply with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety).
- Able to work rotating days and afternoons shifts
- Proficiency in the English language (reading, writing)
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Background in non-ferrous material
- Relevant experience with the ability to operate forklift and overhead cranes.