Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 35,000 end users through a network of 148 branches.
We are currently seeking someone who is eager to learn, committed to having a safe and healthy workplace and to ensuring the delivery of quality products for the position of Warehouseperson in our Kingston, ON Branch. The Warehouseperson will assist and support plant personnel to efficiently process orders to customer specifications.
· Complete pre-inspection equipment reports before each shift
· Inspect and stamp packing slips of incoming material from both suppliers and inter-branch orders
· Ensure all inter-branch orders for furtherance are correct
· Pick and process material for shipment to customer including sawing or shearing as required
· Ensure safe procedures are followed while loading and unloading material on or off trucks
· Ensure all processing sheets are filled out, clearly, legible and handed in after each job is completed
· Perform all housekeeping responsibilities after each job is completed
· Ensure that all heat numbers are clearly identified if shipping product with more than one heat as per ISO policy
· Comply with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety).
· Able to work rotating days and afternoons shifts
· Proficiency in the English language (reading, writing)
· Able to work as a team as independently.
· DZ or AZ license is a strong asset.
· Background in non-ferrous material
· Relevant experience with the ability to operate forklift, overhead crane, band saw, shear and crop saw as required.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply via fax or email: