A.J. Forsyth, a division of Russel Metals Inc., is currently seeking an individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative in our Vancouver location in British Columbia.
• Responds to customer inquiries promptly and follows up on significant inquiries to secure profitable orders.
• Ensures outstanding customer service by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with all customers.
• Adheres to standard company and credit policies while also respecting current product pricing.
• Is responsible for entering orders in our Metalware computer system. Providing quotations and circulating market information to his/her supervisor.
• Monitors, evaluates, and make recommendations with respect to lost sales opportunities to continually improve upon sales results.
• Advises the outside sales representative immediately of any large quotations.
• Advises the Purchasing Department and Sales Supervisor of any abnormal sales and ensures sufficient product availability to meet customer demand.
• Continues to maintain and increase product knowledge while identifying and maximizing all sales and market development opportunities.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Effective communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
• Time management & organizational skills are essential.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Post secondary education in the field of Metallurgy, Marketing or Business Administration.
• Prior sales experience within the steel industry.
• Knowledge of Metalware would be an asset.