Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 35,000 end users through a network of 148 branches.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative, Plate processing to work out of our Delta, B.C. branch.
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with key customers
- Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to lost sales opportunities to continually improve upon sales results
- Effective communication and negotiation skills in dealing with external and internal customers
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure sufficient product is available to meet customer demand
- Work closely with Operations to ensure that we are using the best practice to estimate labour and process the order.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational stills
- Effective communication and negotiating skills
- Minimum two (2) years sales experience in a manufacturing environment
- Post secondary education in the field of Metallurgy, Marketing or Business Administration
- Prior sales experience within the steel industry
- Knowledge of CAD, and blue print reading