CNC Plasma Burner Operator
October 21, 2019
Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 35,000 end users through a network of 148 branches.
We are currently hiring a full-time CNC Plasma Burner Operator at our Branch in Kingston, ON.
- Consistently meet established production and quality targets
- Manage work methods to meet required schedule
- Quality control and inspection of processed parts for dimensional and cut quality
- Execution of CNC programming for plate processing requirements
- Evaluate feasibility and small job estimate costs of projects for sales department
- Complete appropriate records as per quality procedures
- Assist sales department in related aspects of customer service (ie: drawings, tolerances, cut quality)
- Execute general warehouse duties such as picking product, loading trucks, etc.
- Understand plate nesting, basic sketch drawings, tolerances & metals specifications
- To work within and support ISO Quality programs
- CNC toolpath set up and operation.
- Ability to identify and implement systemic solutions to problems
- Technical & mechanical aptitude
- Shift work
- Previous CNC experience.
- Proficient in performing mathematical calculations
- Self motivated, results oriented with the ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Previous plate cutting experience
- Forklift and Overhead Crane certified.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com
We are an organization that is
committed to the principles of Employment Equity which
includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse
workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please state the position you are applying for in the
subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all
candidates, however, only those under consideration will be