Russel Metals Inc. is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America. Color Steels, a division of Russel Metals Inc., has established itself as a market leader in the processing and distribution of pre-finished metals in North America.
We are currently hiring an AZ Driver at our Branch located in Thornhill, ON. This is a full-time, permanent job (Monday to Friday, day shift). Our truck drivers are responsible for the transportation of material and safe operation of a company provided vehicle to meet customer delivery deadlines and perform all tasks safely in keeping with the workplace health and safety requirements.
- Perform duties in keeping with the Ministry of Transportation requirements
- Conduct thorough and effective inspections of vehicle and material on board
- Strap and secure materials to ensure materials are safely transported
- Operate the vehicle safely and in accordance with local jurisdiction
- Maintain records/logs as prescribed by the Ministry of Transportation and Company policy
- Operate company issued electronic and/or communication equipment professionally and respectfully
- Maintain a professional presentation and interaction with customers
- Complete work assignments in keeping with customer requirements and deadlines
- Liaise with Transportation/Shipping department to advise of any delays or questions of deliveries
- Perform all tasks safely and as directed by management
- Perform all tasks in a professional, respectful manner
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by management
- Participate in all company directed training
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Class “A-Z “Drivers License with experience driving Truck
- Drivers Abstract required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Three years clean, safe driving record
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume to the Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org